Green Tea for Dieters – 5 FAQs Answered!
Have questions about green tea for dieters? Want to know what really works and what doesn’t? I’ve searched for the most frequently asked questions concerning green tea for dieters and have compiled the answers for the top 5. So, without further fuss, here they are:
- How fast is it going to work? Truthfully? Not very fast. Expect to burn an extra 80 calories a day if you drink about 4 to 5 cups. That translates into roughly about 8 pounds a year for a person eating a 2000 calorie a day diet. Not really bad for just adding a great tasting drink to your daily fare. Of course, you can always loose a lot more weight by adding 20-30 minutes a day of exercise! (Did I really even have to say that?
- How much do I have to drink for it to work? As I pointed out earlier, about 5 cups a day consumed will burn close to 80 extra calories. So, could drinking more increase calorie burn? Interestingly enough, no. Taiwanese researchers have proven that it’s not the amount you drink per day, but how long you drink it that effects weight loss. So drink 4-6 cups a day and continue to do so as a permanent part of your healthy lifestyle and you will see results.
- How can I make it taste better without adding calories? A lot of people do not like the taste of green tea and consider it bitter. But, there are things you can do to improve the taste without adding unnecessary calories. The main thing is to let it steep no more than 3-4 minutes. The beneficial attributes are all released by this time and any more steeping deepens the bitter flavor. Add lemon or even lime. This cuts the bitterness and has shown to enhance the teas health benefits. Lastly, Splenda or stevia are both naturally derived, no-calorie sweeteners that may help make the taste more pleasing.
- What is the best? When choosing, choose for taste and origin. For dieters, all types work the same. It all produces an effect in the body called thermogenesis (a heat generating action) that causes the extra calorie burn. Choose a tea that has organic origins (no pesticides used in the growing) and one that you like the taste of best. To enhance the fat burning effects some people even add certain herbs to their brew. So, as long as its pure, the best is your preference.
- What about those diet products? Are they any better? Many diet products boast green tea as their main fat burning ingredient. However, there are problems. First, the diet companies tend to go for quantity, not quality, adding fillers to their products to add weight. This makes the product cheaper to produce, but reduces its effectiveness. Second, a lot of these diet products use chromium to make the appetite suppressing benefit that’s usually attributed to green tea, misleading the client to believe that green tea will make you less hungry. Thirdly, green tea itself has many more health benefits available to the drinker that don’t come in its chemically altered counterpart. In the end, the closer to its natural state, the better the benefits.
In conclusion, green tea will help you loose weight, but it must be combined with a healthy diet and exercise to see a big difference. Remember, to loose weight you simply must burn more calories than you take in. Plus, it has been shown to be good for the skin, digestion, fighting certain types of cancer and promoting a general state of well being. So, add some “green” to your diet. You’ll be glad you did!
Green tea is the perfect alternative that you can find in modern times to keep yourself in good shape with no extra flab for company which mostly makes you lazy and lethargic so take care to drink it after completing your day’s exercise and do read custom keto diet reviews online at regular intervals.